
I ogle at the darkness
Tossing with restlessness
Deeply engrossed in the pensived memories
A sudden flash of light,
The moment of realization
That all is over
My eyes water at the bare truth
My heart yearns for the impossible
I am fighting a battle
That I have already lost
A lot was said and done
The impact of which is irreversible
To you, this is a passing phase
And I am now a gone case
I know I did few things
That I shouldn’t have done
But, didn’t you realize
That I didn’t deserve this big a punishment
Heartless you were
Leaving me stranded in the darkness
I am desperately trying to search my way out
Of the maze that you skillfully constructed
I was ruthlessly razed down to earth
By your words
That literally stung me to death
How much I wish
For the darkness to precede the dawn
A Dawn where
All this would be a dream
-Sivapriya Nagendran
1 comment:
This poem again.. is very touching..Probably because of the state of mind I'm in. Didn't know that you were in a similar state of mind too.
Post a Comment