Of the many obsessions I have unfortunately developed over time, Calvin and Hobbes is one of them. I recently brought this book titled ‘The Tenth Anniversary of Calvin and Hobbes’ from Odyssey for 400 bucks. It felt great to own the book (Mum went paranoid !!!) What makes the book all the more special and close to my heart is that it’s the first ever book that I got for myself with my savings. I am the proud owner of the book :-) ,I can declare hence forth!!! It was so heart warming to see my favorite strip on ‘Death’ in the initial pages of the book. My eyes watered. I have always thought of Calvin as this philosophical, sardonic guy with a weird sense of humor. There are times when he amazes me with his perfect sense of satirical humor even in the trickiest of situations. The characters have become so close to my heart that I always crave to look at their caricatures. I simply love the way Calvin yells, his mouth wide open and that small apple shaped tongue of his in white amidst the black background. Hats off Watterson :-)

A friend of mine got me introduced to this web comic called xkcd. While I have been breaking my head to understand what the author is actually trying to convey through the strips, it’s a really good time pass. (You see, I am not too good at understanding satirical and technical humor, especially when it is interspersed with technical jargons and weird vocabulary. There’s always this blank look on my face when I encounter such words. And heck, I m too bad at understanding Physics and Math and yes, adult humor!! Oh yaa…I can hear you people yell…What do you understand by the way??? ) Well, there are very few strips that I actually get to comprehend and appreciate; this is one among the very few.

ROTFL
Love is the buzzword these days. Sincerely confessing, I think it’s the buzzword that’s buzzing within me for the last few days. I am in this streak of writing away few unpoetic lines on love and hate of late. Probably, it’s the repercussions of my circles of concern and influence. Sometimes, love from a person is just not worth the pain inflicted by the same person. A major part of you rebels at the unfairness of what has happened, when you certainly know that things are never going to change and that your heart will bear that irreparable and ever lasting scar. It rips open your heart and the voice box (y)bells at the highest decibel ignorantly and sympathetically seeking for a retraction of events. Time Turner…Hermoine…where are you !!!????
Work (well, not work really, now…mates…don’t give me that stare…I know I am under training !!!) was relieving for the last 2 weeks. But, I must admit the fact that I was not too happy about it. Communication Sessions !!! Now, that’s my biggest enemy !!! I hate these classes where people from some walk of life come over and dictate us on how to dress up, attend meetings, shake hands, attend GDs, blah blah…..Strangely, my colleagues loved it and they were eager to actively participate in the activities. I remained a mute and a DUMB spectator all along. I hate it when I am asked to talk about myself, reveal how I feel about certain issues (Frankly speaking, I prefer keeping few thoughts to myself) I still don’t find the necessity to voice my views in public and make myself known to everybody !! Cummon…I want to remain mysterious and unknown !! Even if not in entirety, privacy in thoughts needs to be respected. I must admit that it was a fun filled one, primarily because I was around people whom I was comfortable with.
Life hasn’t been too good either. I find people around me swarmed with problems and it’s disconcerting to see them undergo the emotional trauma. How much I wish life to be a bed of roses !!! There were things that expired for good, but it certainly has left a deep scar that would remain unhealed for life. Sometimes, I wonder at the emotional levels of humans. It’s all the more distressing to see these emotions reach the higher echelons of insanity. It’s like this graph where insanity is the saturation point after which, for every dose of pain, it orients itself on a straight line, happily on its way to sanity, an eternal search.
It feels bad to abandon Java :-( I loved the Calendar functions, the Date functions, the Java Docs, Inheritance, Generics, Head First Java, the code snippets, the constant breaking of heads to solve them and find the rationale behind the solution, Eclipse IDE and everything !!! I will miss you all loads.
Randomly, I would like to mention about my blog’s total make over. I like the look and feel of my blog now. It’s not girlish (pinky pink) anymore. Looks decent and matured. But this is one place where I pour my heart out. It’s been my best mate, one that silently listens to me, one that knows the real ME, one that shares my happiness and sorrow. Most importantly, this is one place where I can relive a year old past. It alleviates the ruthlessness and pain of having been separated and calling it ‘THE PAST’ and the ‘THE END’.
Aaah....I don't feel like crashing now. It's going to be a long day ahead. Just 2 more hours for my day to start off buzzing with activity. An ocean of emotions flowing down my fingertips right now. Before I start another bout of rambling, see ya bloggy.
No comments:
Post a Comment