Just wondering if there was a train fare hike in the last 1 week ! I ain't got a TV but I'm sure the papers didn't carry any news on a train fare hike....well...why am i actually bothered about it now?? oh yeah ! because I booked a tatkal ticket on Shatabdi from Chennai to Bangalore and the fare was 750 ! yes...you heard me right ! 750 ! It generally costs around 600 and today, I had the shock of my life ! I have vowed not to ever travel on Shatabdi again ! Kept muttering curses all day....Such a drastic increase...shit ! If I am right, West Bengal is going to the polls in another 3-4 months and a hike in train fares wouldn't do well for Mamata's Trinamool....How the hell and why the hell has there been a fare hike !??? somebody tell me....or was i cyber duped bt IRCTC !!!??? Well...then you should know that not everybody who books an online tatkal ticket esp on Shatabdi is stinking rich ! cha....
Update: Stupid me.....I booked the evening Shatabdi instead of the morning Shatabdi (which starts at 6 AM)by mistake and that's the reason for the rocketing fare ! Well...I realized that I had booked the wrong train at 5.00 AM today morning ! Got back home and booked a bus that was supposed to start at 7.15 AM and finally started at 10 AM ! When I reached Bangalore it was 3.45 PM ! Disastrous day...
IRCTC and Mamata....banda boothulu thittunte sorry !
Update: Stupid me.....I booked the evening Shatabdi instead of the morning Shatabdi (which starts at 6 AM)by mistake and that's the reason for the rocketing fare ! Well...I realized that I had booked the wrong train at 5.00 AM today morning ! Got back home and booked a bus that was supposed to start at 7.15 AM and finally started at 10 AM ! When I reached Bangalore it was 3.45 PM ! Disastrous day...
IRCTC and Mamata....banda boothulu thittunte sorry !
No comments:
Post a Comment